The UDDI XML.org web site is not longer accepting new posts. Information on this page is preserved for legacy purposes only.
The current list of specifications advanced by the OASIS UDDI Specification Technical Committee includes:
- UDDI Version 2 OASIS Standard
- UDDI Version 3 OASIS Standard
- Schema Centric XML Canonicalization Specification
The UDDI Version 2 specifications, UDDI Version 3 specification and the Schema Centric XML Canonicalization Specification represent contributed material. Notes and Disclaimers are provided on each of these specification documents.
UDDI Version History
Since UDDI was proposed in 2000, it has evolved to reflect the need for manageability and federated control in enterprise operating scenarios, as well as to integrate more fully with other elements of service-oriented infrastructure.
- Version 1.0, released in 2000, created a foundation for the registry of Internet-based business services.
- Version 2.0, released in 2001 and ratified as an OASIS Standard in 2003, aligned the specification with emerging Web services standards and provided a flexible service taxonomy.
- Version 3.0, released in 2004 and ratified as an OASIS Standard in 2005, supports secure interaction of private and public implementations as major element of service-oriented infrastructure.
UDDI Version 3 SpecificationThe UDDI v3 OASIS Standard builds on the vision of UDDI as a "meta service" for locating Web services by enabling robust queries against rich metadata. Expanding on the foundation of versions 1 and 2, version 3 offers the industry a specification for building flexible, interoperable XML Web services registries useful in private as well as public deployments. UDDI v3 consists of the following documents:
- UDDI Version 3.0 Features List
- UDDI Version 3.0.2 OASIS Standard. This represents the second errata to the UDDI v3 specification. UDDI v3.0.2, OASIS UDDI Specification Technical Committee Draft, Dated 20041019: HTML / PDF
- UDDI Version 3.0.2 XML Schema. UDDI uses the XML Schema Language to formally describe its data structures. UDDI Version 3.0.2 XML Schema is provided by these files:
- UDDI API Schema: uddi_v3.xsd
- UDDI Custody Schema: uddi_v3custody.xsd
- UDDI Subscription Schema: uddi_v3subscription.xsd
- UDDI Subscription Listener Schema: uddi_v3subscriptionListener.xsd
- UDDI Replication Schema: uddi_v3replication.xsd
- UDDI Value Set Validation Schema: uddi_v3valueset.xsd
- UDDI Value Set Caching: uddi_v3valuesetcaching.xsd
- UDDI Policy: uddi_v3policy.xsd
- UDDI Policy Instance Parameters: uddi_v3policy_instanceParms.xsd
- UDDI Version 3.0.2 WSDL Service Interface Descriptions. The complete set of UDDI Version 3.0.2 WSDL definitions is provided by these files:
- UDDI API Binding: uddi_api_v3_binding.wsdl
- UDDI API Port Type: uddi_api_v3_portType.wsdl
- UDDI Custody Binding: uddi_custody_v3_binding.wsdl
- UDDI Custody Port Type: uddi_custody_v3_portType.wsdl
- UDDI Replication Binding: uddi_repl_v3_binding.wsdl
- UDDI Replication Port Type: uddi_repl_v3_portType.wsdl
- UDDI Subscription Binding: uddi_sub_v3_binding.wsdl
- UDDI Subscription Port Type: uddi_sub_v3_portType.wsdl
- UDDI Subscription Listener Binding: uddi_subr_v3_binding.wsdl
- UDDI Subscription Listener Port Type: uddi_subr_v3_portType.wsdl
- UDDI Value Set Validation Binding: uddi_vs_v3_binding.wsdl
- UDDI Value Set Validation Port Type: uddi_vs_v3_portType.wsdl
- UDDI Value Set Caching Binding: uddi_vscache_v3_binding.wsdl
- UDDI Value Set Caching Port Type: uddi_vscache_v3_portType.wsdl
UDDI Version 2 Specifications
The UDDI v2 OASIS Standard set of specifications consists of the following documents:
- UDDI Version 2 API Specification. This document describes the programming interface that is exposed by all instances of the Universal Description, Discovery & Integration (UDDI) registry. UDDI Version 2.04 API, Published Specification, Dated 19 July 2002: HTML / PDF (492 KB)
- UDDI Version 2 Data Structure. This document outlines the details of each of the XML structures associated with these messages. The UDDI Programmers API Specification defines approximately 30 SOAP messages that are used to perform inquiry and publishing functions against any UDDI compliant service registry. Also see the UDDI XML schema, below. UDDI Version 2.03, Data Structure Reference, Published Specification, Dated 19 July 2002: HTML / PDF (349 KB)
- UDDI Version 2 XML Schema. Readers should consult the UDDI Data Structure Reference (preceding) before reading this document. Version 2.0 UDDI XML Schema 2001: uddi_v2.xsd
- UDDI Version 2 Replication Specification. This document describes the data replication process and programmatic interface required to achieve complete data replication between UDDI Operators. UDDI Version 2.03, Replication Specification, Published Specification, Dated 19 July 2002: HTML / PDF (251 KB)
- UDDI Version 2 XML Replication Schema Version 2.03 Replication XML Schema 2001: uddi_v2replication.xsd
- UDDI Version 2 XML Custody Schema UDDI XML Custody Schema: uddi_v2custody.xsd
- UDDI Version 2 Operator's Specification. This document describes the behavior and operational parameters required of the UDDI Node Operators. UDDI Version 2.01, Operator's Specification, Published Specification, Dated 19 July 2002: HTML / PDF (205 KB)
- UDDI Version 2 WSDL Service Interface Descriptions. The WSDL service interface description for a UDDI registry is defined in two WSDL documents. One document contains the UDDI inquiry interface description, and the other document contains the UDDI publish interface description. Both of these service interface descriptions are based the UDDI V2 specification. They also adhere to the WSDL service interface definition described in the Using WSDL in a UDDI Registry, version 1.08 document.
- UDDI Version 2 tModels:
Schema Centric XML Canonicalization Specification
Existing XML Canonicalization algorithms such as Canonical XML and Exclusive XML Canonicalization suffer from several limitations and design artifacts (enumerated herein) which significantly limit their utility in many XML applications, particularly those which validate and process XML data according to the rules of and flexibilities afforded by XML Schema. The Schema Centric Canonicalization algorithm addresses these concerns.
- Schema Centric XML Canonicalization, Version 1.0, Published 20020710